The Rock Piles new ending

 Father watched John pick up the lunch box and place it in the chair. As the silence in the room grew thicker as they only heard the mother in the kitchen cleaning dishes. "John, now I'm going to ask you one time and I need you to tell me the truth, okay?" John looked at him with a scared look on his face. Thinking about what to say or to tell the truth. "JOHN! WHAT HAPPENED?" father yelled in frustration. "Me and Roy were sitting on the fire escape when we saw the bad boys fighting on the rock pile" John said not looking his father in the eyes. "He said he was going to go down and he'd be back in 5 minutes" John looked at Roy with guilt on his face. "I told him to not go but he didn't listen to me" Father looked between John and Roy. "Boys you know how me and your mother feel about the rock pile?" "Yes" they said quietly. "Ok so I'm going to give you a pass this time but next time..." He pauses "Its me and you" he said sternly. "Now go play so I can apologize to your mother." he said nervously 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday 5/1/23

Write about what you'd planned to do

Write about a question you wished you'd asked